The Distinguished Order of the Golden Fleece, published in 1996, in commemoration of the Quincentennial of linking the Distinguished Order of the Crown of Spain. Conducted jointly published with the National Heritage. Limited edition of 980 copies, numbered and certified. 13 Roman numbered copies for the 13 Knights of the Order Insigne existing on the date of the issue were also performed. Number of copy for sale: 555, which also adds value for bibliophiles who have this numerology. Exhausted and very difficult or impossible to find Edition.
Volume of 33.5 x 48.5 cm. 520 pages. Bound in red leather with gold engraving. Cover with the coat of arms of Don Juan Carlos I. gilt edges. Tape guide. Almost 7 kg weight.
List of Knights of the Distinguished Order of the Golden Fleece in 1996:
I – His Majesty the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, XXI and Sovereign Head of the Distinguished Order of the Golden Fleece
II – HRH The Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria
III – S. M. King Constantine II of the Hellenes
IV – HRH the Prince of Asturias Felipe de Borbon
V – S. M. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
VI – S. A. R. The Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg
VII – S. M. I. The Emperor Aki Hito of Japan
VIII – S. M. King Hussein of Jordan
IX – S. M. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
X – S. M. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
XI – S. M. Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain
XII – His Majesty the King Albert II of Belgium
XIII – S. M. King Harald V of Norway
Summary of project:
Presentation by the Sermo. Mr. Don Carlos of Bourbon Two Sicilies and Bourbon Parma, Infante of Spain, Duke of Calabria.
The Distinguished Order of the Golden Fleece in its history (1430-1996)
1. The late medieval cavalry. Origins and historical evolution (X to XV)
2. The Burgundian State, a federal monarchy of particular origins and separate territories.
3. The Duke Philip the Good and the origins of the Order. The foundation and its political background.
4. The Golden Fleece as an Order of Chivalry. The founding statutes. The structure of the Order. His acts and ceremonies.
5. The first chapters. The Flemish-Burgundian stage (1430-1516)
6. The House of Austria and the implantation of the Order in Spain (1516-1559). The political orientation of the Order. Chapters and activities. Statutory changes.
7. The Universal Monarchy. The heyday of the Order (1516-1700)
8. The advent of the House of Bourbon to the sovereignty of the Distinguished Order (1700). The division of the Order in 1712. The Illustrious Order under the sovereigns of the House of Bourbon (1700-1808) and before the end of the Old Regime (1808-1836)
9. The Constitutional Monarchy and The Golden Fleece (1833-1931). Frustrated meeting of the Spanish and Austrian branches (1922-1930)
10. The fall of the monarchy and the exile of the Heads and Sovereign of the Order (1931-1975). Don Juan Carlos I and the current state of the Distinguished Order.
The Knights of the Golden Fleece (thorough and detailed account)
Officers of the Distinguished Order
The aim of this issue in 1996 was the realization of a grand history of the Distinguished Order, complete with precise each and every one of the gentlemen relationship and a full documentary appendix. During the autumn of 1996 met the five hundred years of linking the Golden Fleece to the Crown of Spain, by the marriage of his then chief and sovereign, the Archduke Philip the Handsome, Duke of Burgundy, with Juana, Infanta of Castile and Aragon, future Queen of Spain. The fact that the July 31, 1996 the sixth centenary of the birth was fulfilled in Dijon founder of the Order, Philip the Good, duke of Burgundy was given.
The edition is full of pictures and information about the most prestigious Order that has ever existed. You now have a unique opportunity to get hold of a copy of this great work, very carefully prepared.
Everything you wanted to know about the Order of the Golden Fleece has in this beautiful book.
Shipping costs paid by the buyer, according to order and destination. Ask us without obligation (indicating the reference of the article) any questions.